Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mac OS Deep Freeze

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tony Clifton_45

Tony Clifton_45

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:00 AM

I have an intel based Mac Mini I bought at an auction a few weeks ago. I can login to the Mac Mini. OS is 10.6. I have an account and admin privilages. However, Deep Freeze is installed on this Mac Mini. I'm looking for a way to reformat the hard drive and start over. I have Max OS X 10.6 install discs. I have tried restarting and holding down the 'C' when booting. However, I believe Deep Freeze bybasses starting from the CD somehow and boots directly to the Mac OS. It doesn't appear Deep Freeze can be removed without the admin password which I do not have. At this point, I am ready to reformat and reinstall Mac OS but I don't know how to get around Deep Freeze. Is there some way I can bypass Deep Freeze when booting so I can boot to CD. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:37 AM

At startup try holding down the option key. See here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1533
animinionsmalltext.gif
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 TheYoda

TheYoda

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:50 AM

Try the above suggestions first, if that fails you can always boot into single-user mode (Command + S when booting), and remove the .AppleSetUpDone file, which will allow you to use the computer as if it were new.

To do so, follow the instructions here!

It says for Leopard, but the same works for Snow Leopard.

Regards,
TheYoda

"A coward dies a thousand times before his death. The valiant never taste of death but once." -William Shakespeare

Fold for your future...Help us find a cure.

#4 bailey2007player

bailey2007player

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:23 AM

Try the above suggestions first, if that fails you can always boot into single-user mode (Command + S when booting), and remove the .AppleSetUpDone file, which will allow you to use the computer as if it were new.

To do so, follow the instructions here!

It says for Leopard, but the same works for Snow Leopard.

Regards,
TheYoda

Even Tiger!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Using a PowerBook G4 1.25GHz 1.50GB RAM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users