Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

'Internet Explorer Cannot Disply the Website' continous error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 biggt1976

biggt1976

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:06 AM

Hi

I am having problems with my laptop and when I searched for some online help I came across your website so I hope you dont mind me posting this. Basically I have been abroad for several months and left this laptop here with my younger cousin. Now when i use it it isnt running very well at all and for some reason i keep getting the 'internet explorer cannot display this webpage' error message pretty much every time i try and go to a website or click a link! i keep pressing refresh and then after several attempts it will get to the intended target. Now, several attempts can sometimes mean ive been pressing refresh until ive literally got fed up and closed the window down, its taken that long! i noticed when i clicked the arrow next to the Back button to see my previous destinations there is often urls that i dont recognise and ones that i definately havent visited!

I just tried a malwarebytes scan and it found nothing.

I use this laptop regularly so it is imperitive i get this sorted out as browsing the web is nearly impossible and extremely frustrating. I timed it and it took me 22 minutes to finally get to post this message due to repetitive error messages! lol

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:08 AM

1) Have you run a full system scan with your anti virus app or just with MalwareBytes? If not, please do so.
2) What happens with a different browser (Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users