Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:34 AM
So I've never had this problem until today. I started my computer as normal and opened google chrome and it would not load any website and instead would appear with the following message.
"[so and so website] can't be found because the DNS look up failed"
I then tried IE and also Firefox but got the same results. The internet was working fine 2 days ago and I have never had this problem before. I did the following, rebooted the modem and rebooted the computer but still coming up with the same message.
Also my iphone connects to the wifi as soon as come in the house however it cant connect to it at all now. Both the iphone and computer recognizes the modem and has perfect signal.
My ISP is Virgin Media.
Before I ring these I was wondering if it was something to do with my computer i.e. malware or something else that could be effecting it or is it purely down to the modem and ISP, and if so what would this likely be caused by.