Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 98 Se Dial Up "save Password"?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Indiana Robinson

Indiana Robinson

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:28 AM

Hi folks: After a power glitch a couple of months ago the dial up dialog box will no longer give me the option of saving the dial up password. The tic box is just grayed out. I found several suggestions (which I have since forgotten) on line and tried them but to no avail. Any ideas? I probably used to know this but now days by lunch I don't remember what I had for breakfast. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 04 January 2006 - 11:19 AM

Try running the Internet Connection Wizard available in Internet Explorer>Tools>Internet Options>Connections tab>Setup button. Make a new dialup connection that is the same as your current one and when the wizard asks for your password you will be able to set it to remember it. Test the new connection and if it works just delete the old one.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users