Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Internet Security Virus

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 db99wj

db99wj

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:42 AM

Got that, went through the steps to Kill with rkill found some trojan's and a few others, ran tdsskiller (didn't find anything), ran Malaware which found several items, deleted those, ran unhide due to unhide files. Most icons came back, but not all. When I restarted, the XP Internet Security was gone, but a new one popped up, it is "PC Performance and Stability. Ran all the items above again, deleted. Rebooted, same thing happens. In my start menu, it shows folders, but nothing in them. All the program files are in the C: drive under programs and I can access them, but they are not showing up in the folders in the start menu. I also can't access WIFI in my house anymore from the computer.

So I went to Safe mode, running all of the above, it is currently running Malaware and I am waiting. I tried to do a system restore in regular mode and in Safe mode, it will not restore.

This is my work computer, I'm screwed pretty bad. I can limp along and get work done I think, but not sure how long.

I don't know what else to run. My next step is to call in our tech support and get them to kill the OS and rebuild.

I've searched and nothing is showing up about this PC Performance and Stability, except a thread on here. I've downloaded Spybot Search and Destroy on my flash drive and will run that next.

Any ideas.

Thanks,
David

Edited by hamluis, 17 May 2011 - 06:13 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 db99wj

db99wj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:45 AM

Malware finished, nothing found in Safe Mode. Running Spybot Search and Destroy if it will run from flash drive.

#3 db99wj

db99wj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:08 AM

Search and Destroy got rid ob about 8 or 9 things. Rebooted, in regular mode, and I didn't get the screen mentioned above about performance and stability. I did get a pop up that said my "system ha detected a problem with one or more installed IDE/SATA hard disks" suggested I restart. I X'd it out. Start menu folders don't show anything either. Still can't get on WIFI here at the house.
All my icons disappeared. Running un hide again. The performance and stability pop up shiwed back up again.

Tired.

Edited by db99wj, 17 May 2011 - 01:14 AM.

#4 db99wj

db99wj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:07 AM

Still having issues even after running malware, search and destroy and SUPERAntispyware.

When I run rkill it says I terminates these two files every time:
C:\documents and settings\all users\application data\eApCbiPStef.exe and same location but \15851300. exe

#5 db99wj

db99wj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:02 AM

Sorry for using this as a blog, but I'm not "can not" wait and see, I'm continually trying to fix this. I went in and disabled my AVG pro stuff and also Ad Aware. I saw this in another solution to a similar problem of mine. I ran Spybot and it found several items, rebooted, ran Malware with the others disabled and nothing was found. So far on this last reboot, none of the warnings have come up that my hard drive is going to explode, and other death and doom. So I don't if this did the trick or not.

Still have the problem of nothing showing up in my folders in the Start menu, All programs tab. I seem to recall that someone posted a Run command that might work. Will need to find that.

Another little issue is one of our proprietary excel based software products has lost some functionality when linking with IE, but I have not found any other issues. Might have to reinstall that program.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users