Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Want to learn how to protect my computer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 carl.service

carl.service

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:10 PM

Hello all. I'm Carl. I have stumbled on this website after being BURNED by a computer virus. A FAKE - Windows 7 Recovery. It looked like my computer hard drive was failing along with the RAM. A screen pops up from windows that says pay for the program to fix these problems. So out of desperation and frustration i said "well it might be cheaper to pay for this fix instead of buying a new computer." payment sent. $86 Almost instantly the computer goes back to normal. I'm happy. Not so fast! after talking with my wife and telling her all these problems and telling her i just dished out this money and the instant so called fix or repair, she tells me there is a good possibility that this problem was a virus looking like something legit from windows. Out of my idiocy i say "really?" Now i Google "windows 7 recovery scam" BAM! sure enough. i find a webpage telling me all about it. showing the same screen shots as what my computer looked like. all the same error codes. So the virus is still on my computer and the hacker now has my credit card info and money.
I don't know what to do! How do i rid my computer of this? Do i cancel my credit card? do i go pay for Norton 360? Please help. Thanx for reading.

Edited by Budapest, 18 May 2011 - 04:12 PM.
Moved from Introductions ~Budapest

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users