Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

rogue program-fake virus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 inotoni

inotoni

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:09 PM

Can anyone tell me where I can get step by step instructions on removing this program. I can not do ANYTHING IN MY COMPUTER, it has taken control of everything. I am running windows 7. THANKS,TONI

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:25 PM

Hello, imoved this from Win7 to the Am I Infected forum.
Does it have name like ..Windows 7 Recovery for example?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 inotoni

inotoni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:54 PM

From what i can understand , it is a program e-set antirus taht is scanning my comp. and telling me that i have a virus.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,488 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:04 AM

Thanks, i believe it is related to this.

Please follow our Removal Guide here Remove E-Set Antivirus 2011 (Uninstall Guide) .
After reading how the malware is misleading you ...
You will move to the Automated Removal Instructions

After you completed that, post your scan log here,let me know how things are.
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 renato-mediana

renato-mediana

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:11 AM

Greetings,

My windows vista 32 bit laptop was attacked by Trojan Roque/fakerean virus the other day.
The Firewall was open after my dauther downloaded a movie. Tzhe Ports was completely
controlled and the virus promps me to subscribe to buy their Anti Virus for 60 dollars.

So what I did is to Load my Windows 7 CD 32 bit and Upgrade my Vista. Takes more than 3 grueling hours to complete. Then the ports to internets works and so with the Firewall. Then I download the MS security essentials and scanned completly the drives.
Found the Roque/fake rean and kill them.

But almost All ICONs whont Start the Program Instead it Prompt you to a Dialog box ' Open With ' the recommended program.

Any suggestions Thanks.

Renato-mediana

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,488 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:19 PM

Hello, this should also work for Vista,
Go to File association fixes for Windows Vista

Click the exe box
Instructions:
To fix the association for a particular file type, download the corresponding fix from the above links table (Use Right-click - Save as option in your browser to download the fixes). Unzip the fix and extract the .REG file to the Desktop. Right-click the REG file and choose Merge. Note that you need to be an administrator to apply these fixes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users