Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Analytics, Drvrt, Fake XP Scanner? Please help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mexigonzo

mexigonzo

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:44 PM

I'm having an issue related to the internet, search bar, and search engine. Anytime I try to do a search for something, it is always redirected to some random site. Sometimes that site is redirected again to yet another random site. As it's redirecting, I notice it will flash something like google-analytics or drvrt (or something very similar). This also happens whenever I type in a specific address. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries before I can even view a site. This has also occured when I'm on a site and have been on a site for awhile - all of a sudden my browser will just redirect itself to another site. Occasionally it will pop up a box (like a security msg) saying that my computer may be at risk. When I try to exit out of that, it opens up a page that looks like XP Control Panel and proceeds to start "scanning". I always close my browser when this happens so another box opens up asking if I'm sure I want to leave the page. I noticed that all of this started happening after I moved so I wasn't for sure if the network I am using now has anything to do with it or not. But I'm not for sure since my boyfriend dosen't seem to be experiencing the same problems on his computer.

I have Avast Virus Protection (paid version) and Malwarebytes (not totally familiar with how to use it yet) and I've scanned my computer hundreds of times and it never finds anything. I even installed something I used to use on my old computer called Bazooka Scanner. It's the only scanner that I've used that has detected something, but someone pointed out Bazooka was made to be used for XP and I have Windows 7 so it may not be accurate. I have searched everywhere, tried many different things and the problem still persists. Can somebody please help me figure out what's going on and help me put a stop to it? Also what can I do to help prevent this from happening in the future? I'm afraid it's going to damage my system which is barely a year old.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Morgankevinj

Morgankevinj

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:42 PM

Download, install and run http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/ and post the log in this forum http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html. Do not fix any of the check items unless you are otherwise told to do so. just close the program and copy and paste the log file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users