Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Olenka

Olenka

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:08 PM

I have an HP Pavilion dv5 computer and for some reason it keeps freezing. I can happen a few minutes into start-up or I can work on it for a while and Windows freezes. I can move the mouse around and the keyboard works but no programs respond. I am hoping that someone can please help me with this problem because I am VERY frustrated!! When it freezes I try control+alt+delete but I get an error message that says Log-in error. I thought that maybe my computer was overheating because I live in a hot country, but even my external fan isn't helping the problem. Also, something else that is weird is that I can use my computer as long as it runs on my battery, if I plug in the A/C power cord it freezes within 5 mins. Does anyone have any ideas what might be happening and how I might be able to fix it. I really don't want to get a new computer if I can help it. Any and all suggestions are VERY much appreciated!! Thanks for the help!
Oh, and it doesn't seem to be a virus because I've run multiple scans and nothing comes up.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:14 PM

When was the last time you took a can of air and blew it out?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users