Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Updates Failing Due to Error Code: 800B0100

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 comhall

comhall

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:56 PM

Hey Everyone!
I'm unable to do any windows updates due to error code 800B0100. I think a recent virus I had may have tampered with update files. I tried running the System Update Readiness Tool as suggested in Help and Support however the update installation on that failed too. Due to other problems I've been having recently I'm considering re-installing my OS at this point.
Any advice you have would be really appreciated! Thanks :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:59 PM

See this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956702

More than likely, if you do a 'clean' install, you will be able to get all the security updates. :thumbup2:

Edited by Jacee, 16 May 2011 - 02:02 PM.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users