Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Serious help needed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Karnage219

Karnage219

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:40 PM

Ok so i have 2 computers that are exactly the same system, 1 is the family system, the other is my fathers computer which has been sitting, off for about 6 months. Well i recently moved to a larger bedroom which has my fathers computer in it. I was told before i ever went into the room not to touch his computer... well, i didn't listen. I started using his computer because it was convinent and close by. Well everything was going fine for a few days until he realized his computer was plugged in, thus knew i was using it. He once again told me not to use it and once again i didn't listen. Everything was again going fine, until about 15 mins ago. The computer is plugged into a 6 plug strip, on the strip is his computer/monitor, my PS3, and my cellphone charger.

I was using the compute and accidentally hit the power reset button on the strip, it instantly cut out. I flipped the strip and turned the computer back on... and well, the computer seems to boot up but nothing shows on the monitor, and the light on the monitor stays yellow instead of turning blue like it normally does, I let it sit for about 5-10 mins and still nothing happens. I pressed the button again to attempt to shut it down and nothing happens... i held the button until it shut off, then turned it back on and still nothing seems to happen. Please help me with my issue, my dad will most likely not try to turn it any time soon but he will eventually.

If u need any more details please tell me what you need.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,568 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:07 PM

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,587 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:14 PM

Tell your father before you make things worse.

#4 Karnage219

Karnage219
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:00 PM

Ok the problem is solved(kinda) The issue is with the monitor not with the computer. Ty for ur help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users