Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Synaptics Pointing Device

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 swappo

swappo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 04 January 2006 - 01:17 AM

Hello,
I have a compaq presario v2000 laptop with a synaptics touchpad v5.10 pointing device. I use windows XP pro. I just recently had an new hard drive installed and since I got my computer back from best buy, I have been having problems with the touchpad. It seems my settings are not being saved when I shutdown the computer. Upon booting up the computer I have to go into control panel, click on the mouse setting and manually put in the settings. I do this by clicking on Device Settings then I have to click reset devices.

Also, after I have reset the touchpad settings there is a synaptics icon on the task bar in the right hand corner. When I reboot the computer the Icon is gone. If I go into task bar and start menu properties, and click hide inactive icons then click customize, synaptics pointing device is under current items and set to always show. When I reboot the computer, the icon is no longer under the current items list.

How do I get my computer to save my changes after shuting down the computer. In the past settings were always saved and the synaptics icon was always on the task bar.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 swappo

swappo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 04 January 2006 - 11:54 AM

After reinstalling the synaptics driver from the driver recovery disk the synaptics icon appears in the task bar and the settings are saved upon rebooting the computer. The touchpad works as it should in several windows apps and explorer browser. However, the scroll feature does not work in mozilla firefox and opera 8.51 browsers. In mozilla, I get the scroll bar icon by the mouse when I hold down the touchpad but it won't scroll up or down. Any thoughts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users