Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Media Center Edition Sp2 Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nate777

Nate777

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 04 January 2006 - 12:35 AM

I was updating my girlfriends computer and Media Center stops working every time after I update to SP2 which I know is a very large update for windows.... Any help on what could be the problem. I tried looking on microsofts webstie and had no luck there may have over looked it... I am fairly comfortalbe around computers just for an FYI. PLEASE HELP :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Nate777

Nate777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2006 - 02:13 AM

There has to be some other way for fixing this SP2 has been out for some time now and surely there is a fix... It is saying though that there are files missing. It opens and seems to be working till I try to use any of the functions... is there a way of replacing these files? :thumbsup:

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 04 January 2006 - 02:18 AM

The removal of the MS SP2 update is a poor choice.

Though it may conflict with some programs yet, the risks far outweigh the use of programs
that have not come into compliance. Find alternatives to those programs that don't measure up yet.

We don't really want to see you posting in the HJT forums because you chose to remove that update.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#4 Nate777

Nate777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2006 - 02:30 AM

is there no fix for media center?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users