Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FF & Google Chrome browsing causes BSoD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Yox

Yox

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:26 AM

Ok, so there seems to be a pattern where I either open a link with new tab and the comp crashes, watch a certain video, open a certain link, click a certain image, also typing something can also make it crash.

I've left the computer on idle for over 12 hours and it did not crash, I've also been on the computer for roughly 8-12 hours without going on the internet and it did not crash. As soon as I start opening new tabs or clicking different links of various sites thats when it starts to crash, yesterday when I was using Google chrome it was okay for a long time, but at the last moment it decided to crash but only once. I've noticed that when using firefox it crashes more often, its only crashed twice when I was using chrome, for firefox much more.

My computer specs

Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A78LT-M-LE
CPU: 2.80 gigahertz AMD Athlon II X4 630
RAM: 2048 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
GPU: NVIDIA GeFOrce 9800 GT

I'm also using AVG Free edition 2011, Spybot Search&destroy and Zonealarm

I've also put my Minidumps into a .txt file, using bluescreenview.

Attached Files

Edited by Yox, 16 May 2011 - 09:31 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 16 May 2011 - 12:15 PM

Close Firefox. Go Start>All Programs>Mozilla Firefox, click on Mozilla Firefox (safe mode). Same issue?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Yox

Yox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:07 PM

Close Firefox. Go Start>All Programs>Mozilla Firefox, click on Mozilla Firefox (safe mode). Same issue?

Thanks, I'll try this out in a bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users