Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan horse - thought it was removed but now it's back

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vicarrieous

vicarrieous

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:13 AM

Hello,

I can't remember how it all started because it was several days ago, but I was able to figure out by Googling the error that I was getting that I was infected with the Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen virus. I used Rkill and followed some steps online (downloaded Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware) and I thought I got rid of it. It wasn't having any problems and then today it starts up again where my McAfee anti-virus keeps giving me notices that my computer is not secure because the real-time scanning is turned off. I attempt to turn it back on and it goes off immediately again. It also won't allow me to do a scan, an error comes up that says "an unexpected problem occurred during your scan."

I know this probably isn't enough information to diagnose anything, but if you could let me know what I need to do in order to provide more information, I'd be happy to.

I would appreciate any help you can offer with this. This couldn't have happened at a worse time. I am trying to study for my boards right now and I can't keep dealing with this everyday - it's so frustrating! :ranting:

Thank you so much in advance for your help.
Vicarrieous

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Byuntae

Byuntae

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:00 AM

Only program I trust to always work for me is AVG.

http://free.avg.com/us-en/homepage

Every time I get a trojan horse from doing anything it warns me immediately and moves it to the virus vault before it can do anything harmful to my computer. Just download it, do a fullscan, it will find the trojan and quarantine it then you can safely delete it from there =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users