Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Start up repair

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 eddie298

eddie298

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:32 AM

My dell inspiron n5110 is having issues starting up!
I was using the computer when all of a sudden it turned off and restarted itself. as it turned on a window popped up named "windows error recovery" with in that it says

"windows failed to start. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

IF windows files have been damaged or configured incorrectly, startup repair can help diagnose and fix the problem. if power was interrupted during startup, choose stat windows normally."

The two options i have are launch startup repair or start windows normally. if i do start windows normally it restarts and goes back to this screen. when i did launch startup repair it did its thing and once it was done it said

"Startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically"

then i clicked on show problem details and this is exactly what it says

Problem signature:
problem event name: StartupRepairOffline
problem signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
problem signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
problem signature 03: unknown
problem signature 04: 44
problem signature 05: AutoFailover
problem signature 06: 1
problem signature 07: FailureDuringSetup
Os Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

I tried doing a system restore but it got an error. Once that happend i went and tried doing a dell datasafe restore to factory settings from a image file. once it was finished a restart button popped up. once i restarted it the computer still said windows failed to start and it took me to the startup repair option again.

Please help me out, this computer is not even a week old. i can't bare tell my mother it already isn't working!

Thanks!

edit - before i did the dell datasafe factory restore when i would enter the system recovery options it would ask for my user name and password that i had on the computer now that i did the dell datasafe restore it automatically puts "administrator" as the username and nothing as the password and it lets me go to the recovery options. so this makes me believe that it was successful in being restored to factory settings, yet i still have this problem?

edit edit- i forgot to mention there is a blue screen that pops up real quick before it restarts and gives the two options. there was a stop code on that screen... here it is...

STOP: 0x0000007B (0xFFFFF880009A98E8, 0xFFFFFFFFC000000D, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)

Edited by eddie298, 16 May 2011 - 07:46 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 eddie298

eddie298
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:22 AM

oh and they didn't give me a windows 7 dvd, i bought the laptop online and all that was in the box was a cd with the drivers and utilities. I'm dying here guys i need some help real bad! thanks...

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 16 May 2011 - 12:22 PM

this computer is not even a week old. i can't bare tell my mother it already isn't working!

Unless you treated it with a sledgehammer, how on earth would it be your fault?
Bring it back to the store.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#4 eddie298

eddie298
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:56 AM

lol a sledgehammer.. haha.. no but umm i bought it online. i went to the dell support chat and told them my situation. long story short, there will be a dell technician calling to make a date with my poor laptop. The Dell agent told me that we'll just replace the hard drive with an imaged one instead of having to reinstall the OS. Really did wish they'd send me the windows 7 installation disks...

Thanks for your reply broni! you can consider this problem solved. :)

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,699 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:50 PM

Sure thing. Let us know how things turned out...

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#6 eddie298

eddie298
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:49 PM

it was great. the dell tech came swapped the hard drive and the computer worked again.

#7 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,699 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:51 PM

Cool. Thanks for posting back :)

My Website

p4433470.gif

#8 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:06 PM

you might be able to create your own win7 recovery disks check this out .
  • 1 Turn on your computer. Navigate to the Start menu at the bottom left side of your screen, and open the "All Programs" list.
  • 2 Locate and click on "Dell Accessories." A new list should appear, click on "Dell OS Recovery CD" on this list.
  • 3 A license agreement window will pop up. Read through the text, scrolling down if necessary. If you agree to the terms set out by Dell, press "Yes, I Accept." If not, you will not be able to create a recovery disk.
  • 4 Continue with the prompts by clicking "Next" until you are asked to insert a blank CD into your disk drive. Carefully place your CD-R or CD-RW disk into the drive and press "Next." This will initiate the creation of your recovery disk.
  • 5 When completed, a "Congratulations!" prompt will appear. Press "Finish." Remove the disk from the drive and with a pen label it appropriately.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users