Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sony Viao won't start

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 villa2011

villa2011

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:17 AM

i have a sony viao it turned its self off and will not come back on.power is going to it but its dead can you please suggest a proable solution thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Morgankevinj

Morgankevinj

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:15 PM

Did you make any changes to the hardware on your laptop recently? Did you completely use up the battery on the laptop before it died? Do you hear any beeping or clicking sounds or see a light flash when you attempt to turn it on?

#3 villa2011

villa2011
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:53 PM

thank you for the reply,i had made no changes and was working on it when it just turned itself off.power is getting to it but it will not start up.

#4 Morgankevinj

Morgankevinj

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:18 PM

Did you completely use up the battery on the laptop before it died? Do you hear any beeping or clicking sounds or see a light flash when you attempt to turn it on?

#5 villa2011

villa2011
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:28 PM

my battery was almost flat i was about to buy a new one.there was no flashing lights or sounds only the click as it went off.i thought the electric had gone off in the house.

Edited by villa2011, 18 May 2011 - 10:49 PM.

#6 Morgankevinj

Morgankevinj

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:03 PM

So the charger may have died or the power port may be broken. See if jiggling the cord does anything. I had a similar issue where the charger on my laptop died and I only had to buy a new one. But if it works after jiggling the power cord then there may be a problem with the power port on your laptop.

#7 villa2011

villa2011
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:19 AM

thank you for the info,tried moving the wires,is the power port apart of the mother board.do you think it is worth repairing.

Edited by villa2011, 20 May 2011 - 12:20 AM.

#8 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:28 AM

Were you able to boot properly and how long before it turns off? Have you tried directly connecting to your adapter while battery is removed?

Tekken

#9 villa2011

villa2011
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:41 AM

it will not turn on.it was on the adapter when it just shut off

#10 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:01 AM

While pressing the power button, are there any short lights(green,red)popping out from activity lights or completely none? Depending on the life-span or usage of your laptop, it could be dead. To further test it of course you will need to open up the laptop casing and try reseating the RAM, cable/connectors, network card and check for any bad or blown capacitor(s) and also the port connector for your adapter connecting the mobo. You could also reseat or replace the CMOS battery. If after reinserting did not make any changes, then its time to remove some components and see if it will boot up(don't worry about any beeps here). If you have two RAM module swap on either slot and see if it boots up. If nothing changes, remove all RAM and try pressing again power button. You could also remove the Network card to troubleshoot the boot up problem. The CPU Fan also will need to be replaced for testing and have your adapter tested for the correct input/output as labeled.

Tekken

#11 villa2011

villa2011
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:04 AM

thank you for the advice but being 73 i think i will pass on the information to somebody who will be able to try what you have told me. thank you for your help i do not want to throw it away as my son gave it to me .thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users