Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible Rogue virus, Google redirect

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 roguehater

roguehater

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:49 PM

Hello and I have a work computer that is locked up. I seem to have a recurring virus that redirects using google to pop ups that locks up my computer. After researching a bit and months of frustration, it seems like the deleted virus is never officially deleted.... possibly lying dormant and then the minimal of use in the internet, the above happens again. It is a trying to get me to buy a fake "Windows Security" and the latest is "XP Total Security 2011". My computer programs are frozen and there are only pop ups with a corresponding icon on the task bar. A computer tech has already run the Malwareantivirus sp? MBAM? to get my computer to run before, but it keeps comimg back, easily. Please help. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sandym15

sandym15

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:53 AM

I had the same thing. I am a newbie to this, but bleeping computer was fabulous. I searched 'google redirect' and there was a brilliant step by step guide to how to get rid of it. I ended up using Kapersky (?) link on the bleeping computer help page and it got rid of it when nothing else (Mbam, Stinger etc) had worked. Good luck

#3 roguehater

roguehater
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:46 PM

Thank you very much. Will look into this.

#4 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:08 PM

You could post on the Am I Infected forum for some help. If it gets tricky they will refer you to the Malware forum. Not all Google redirects are caused by the same malware so it's best to ask for some advice. :)
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users