Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win7 crashes or freezes buring BF2 gaming only

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin Kindler

Kevin Kindler

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:55 AM

I am running Windows 7 and frequently get a screen freeze while playing Battlefield Vietnam II or Battlefield II only. This happens quite often and I see no patterns except for these 2 games. I have updated my video drivers, my temperature is cool. I am so frustrated. This is a relatively new computer.
I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 (Prerelease - WDDM 1.1)

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA800703E010
BCP2: FFFFF8800FFCD354
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\051511-22666-01.dmp
C:\Users\kdt\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-67517-0.sysdata.xml

This forum will not allow me to upload the dmp file.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kevin Kindler

Kevin Kindler
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:04 PM

Thanks for the help guys.

#3 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:26 PM

Understand that I'm just a member here. All the mods are volunteers that give up their time, when they have time, to help us. Some topice get overlooked or fall thru the cracks.
If you think you have been lost....
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic393863.html

Best to ya...

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:55 PM

Well...the obvious thing to do, IMO...is uninstall the current video drivers...then reinstall new ones. That is not the same as updating or trying to update drivers which may be damaged, thereby preventing install of new ones.

And...if you only have problems with 2 out of 100 games...as opposed to the two games named being the only ones that you play...that's a data item that would be useful. We are not telepathic enough to ascertain whether it's a game problem or a consistent system problem, based on what you have reported/posted thus far.

I know it sounds silly...but did you try the forums for the games you mentioned?

Lastly...let's try this:

Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html.

Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.

When scanning is done, Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items.

Save the report as BSOD.txt.

Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content and paste it into your next reply.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users