Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible Kraken Bobax - Trend Micro RuBotted reporting

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 99999jj

99999jj

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:33 AM

Hello, I am running a windows 7 professional 64bit operating system. My main security suite is Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011. I run RuBotted. I also scan with Superantispyware weekly, and Malwarebytes. In addition, I run the free version of Winpatrol. Today, I noticed RuBotted had alerted and it is showing "Possible Kraken Bobax" infection, and says Botnet Malware cannot be removed.

Any info on what to do would be appreciated.

JJ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:40 AM

what does Super Anti-spyware and Malware Show, and I have never heard of RuBotted.

#3 99999jj

99999jj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:45 AM

They only show what they usually do which is tracking cookies, then they eliminate them. Rubotted is here http://free.antivirus.com/rubotted/

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:58 AM

Can you post the rubotted log if it makes one?

#5 99999jj

99999jj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:31 PM

there is a really simple log which just says Possible Kraken Bobax - unable to remove. You can click on Possible Kraken Bobax which takes you to a Trend Micro web page called Threat Encyclopedia. In the treat encyclopedia it says that they cannot find any results for possible kraken bobax. It is puzzling how a Trend Micro product can alert to a possible bot, and then fail to know what the bot is or have any mention of the bot in their threat database.

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:17 PM

I would then consider it to be a false positive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users