Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Grand Fantasia update corrupted system

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Crimson_Digits

Crimson_Digits

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:29 AM

Something odd happened while the game was being updated, it downloaded files that I thought were strange and among them was the file grandfantasia.exe and I thought that was rather unnecessary since it was already in my system. After the update, there was a notification saying that the program has to be reinstalled or uninstalled. I tried to start it up again but the same thing happened. So I figured I'd remove the program and uninstall it again but the list of programs took forever to be populated and that was unlikely.When I decided to uninstall the game using the uninstall.exe I noticed something odd during the installation and it was deleting files from adobe, other programs and other .dll files and I immediately aborted it. True enough all the adobe files were again and photoshop wouldn't start. I tried to do a system restore after that hoping that it would fix things up but to no avail. I tried to do it on safe mode but it still wouldn't work. Additionally my mouse has not been working after that-even the touchpad. It's not the hardware because the mouse is fine and worked well with another desktop. I tried to see if the USB ports were causing the problems but it worked with a flash drive. I also have having additional problems with working with just the keyboard since the tab key it wasn't working since I got it. I was looking through my options because I can't find the installer for Win XP and as much as possible I wouldn't want to buy a new OS I can't afford one as I am still a student. Is there any way to fix this without having to format? :mellow:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:38 AM

I would take this up with the developers of the game you are dealing with.

#3 Crimson_Digits

Crimson_Digits
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:01 AM

Is there no way to fix up my system besides that?

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:03 AM

you can reinstall the applications.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,885 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:10 AM

Read info, do not download/install any suggested registry fix/tool: http://www.dllerrors-fix.com/dllerrors/GrandFantasia.exe.html

Louis

#6 Crimson_Digits

Crimson_Digits
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:43 AM

I've been going over through the past activities prior that and I think that there must be something else. I think it might be caused by a skin download for the program rainmeter that was the last activity prior that. Although my sister told me that there were a lot of hacked accounts in a lot of the games in Aeria games, the other computers that have Grand Fanstasia in them didn't get the same problem so it might just be it. As for fixing the registry, I'd like to try but I wouldn't want to mess it up since I don't know much about it. Also, I've read about skins on Deviant Art that were actually malware.
I'd like to reinstall the applications but the human interface devices aren't working-excluding the keyboard. Even the touch pad isn't working anymore and at start up there's this notif saying 'some bitmap to lose'.

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:00 AM

Try this: http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/unhide.exe

#8 Crimson_Digits

Crimson_Digits
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:07 AM

Hi, sorry wasn't able to check sooner. Still haven't fixed it yet but I'll definitely try those. I'll update it right after. Thanks so much for your time and help. :wink:

#9 Crimson_Digits

Crimson_Digits
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:25 AM

Hi! I ended up formatting my laptop. We encountered the same problem on another pc but we were able to stop its progression. I guess the game had problems after all. Thank you so much to to everyone who helped out. :thumbsup: to you guys. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users