Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sony Vaio F Series - Virus protection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 akaterri

akaterri

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:30 PM

Xmas gift - ....I ended going with a Sony Vaio VPCEB33FM Running Windows 7 ...gift also included online access and the Sony Vaio had a discount if subscribing to T-Mobile service (Rocket device USB). Noticed early on the T-Moblie device was not identified by T-Mobile and would list as a 5 or 6 digit number) NOW THE DEVICE NO LONGER COMES UP BUT I CAN STILL ACCESS THE INTERNET (Which scares me) so now I'm gong back and pulling screen shots that I have with some information and would like to talk with someone about it. Long story short I am now here at Bleeping Computers...and are affraid to be on the internet for any length of time[/b].... I was told that would cost me $200.00 to have Geeksquad fix the problem...which they really did not give me a clear understanding of what the problem was they just told me that my operating system was corrupt...they stated, very smuggly I might add, that it was probably due to me surfing web sites that are known to have issues...(now how am I supose to know this!!!.. not having online access ) like MyWebsearch.com......my web who??? Never heard of it.I was dumbstruck.....wasn't on the internet for too long....constantly checking my settings for performance and doing security scans making sure updates were loading. I want to let the Store know why I won't purchase from them again.. part of it being talked into purchasing subscription and additional virus software...and store saying over 30days...can't return it...I want to find out what is wrong and how these things entered and corrupted my computer....normally I would expect some sort of form letter acknowledging my issues but not waiting going to do this and move on,Why bother buying anit-virus software programs??? When eventually we will all end up with those little buggers sooner or later (in my case 2-3 months after purchasing the computer from BEST BUY"Won't stop all viruses from getting to our computers" .. is what I was told by Geek Squad .... of course I know there are always new ones out there .....that's why we keep updating our computers with automatic updates, windows defender, firewalls...it's a game to see who can stay ahead of who....unfortuately I am a casualty and don't have the time or money to make it better...but I am hoping thats where you come in. I was advised to download software and reply with logs....ok have the logs but going back to the forum where I posted..it says I cannot post there so in surfing around the site I found this topic and wanted to attack this problem too.

Edited by hamluis, 15 May 2011 - 06:13 PM.
Moved from Buying New Computer to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users