Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

nvidia won't input signal to monitor

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 graduatedmom

graduatedmom

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:40 PM

Hello all,

My brother suggested I try to find the answer to my problem on here so here I am. I have an nvidia geforce 6150se nforce 430 graphics card in my computer. I downloaded and updated the drivers for this. Right now I am using the onboard video. when I hook up the other video card the monitor says no input signal. could this be a computer monitor cord problem or what? you know the cord that hooks from the monitor to the video card? and if that is not the issue what else could it be?

Thank you
Dorothy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:39 PM

if you are hooking the same cable to both video sources and one works and the other doesn't its not likely a vga cable problem.
if it worked before the driver update,then i suspect a driver problem ,with it running on the onboard video ,go to control panel add and remove programs nd uninstall the nvidea drivers

Edited by caperjac, 14 May 2011 - 05:42 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 graduatedmom

graduatedmom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:17 AM

No the nvidia cable is the wider sized cable. The on-board takes the smaller sized cable. When I unhook the on-board and hook up the nvidia card the monitor states no input signal.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:35 AM

What is the make of this computer?

Most monitors use a VGA connecter, what are the two different types of connecters for the onboard graphic and the nvidia card?

Edited by dc3, 15 May 2011 - 11:39 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:48 PM

No the nvidia cable is the wider sized cable. The on-board takes the smaller sized cable. When I unhook the on-board and hook up the nvidia card the monitor states no input signal.

ok,so its using a dvi cable ,i assume your monitor has both connections ,correct .[ my Viewsonic monitor has both dvi and avg, im using avg now but have used dvi with it ,no problem ] did the dvi cable come ith the monitor or the video card ,there ae different types of dvi i will assume you have the correct one .
did you try booting into safe mode[hitting f8 on bootup] with the dvi connected,
make sure you are using the correct cabletype .
http://www.datapro.net/techinfo/dvi_info.html

Edited by caperjac, 15 May 2011 - 02:56 PM.

#6 graduatedmom

graduatedmom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2011 - 12:04 PM

ok I know what the problem is thanks to the website you listed. I have a dvi-A hooked up where a dvi-D should be. the dvi-d that came with it had a split it so I hooked this other one I had laying around. I will have to go purchase a new dvi-D cable. Thanks for the information. If after I purchase a new cable it still does not work I will reply again. Thanks for the help.

#7 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:51 PM

ok I know what the problem is thanks to the website you listed. I have a dvi-A hooked up where a dvi-D should be. the dvi-d that came with it had a split it so I hooked this other one I had laying around. I will have to go purchase a new dvi-D cable. Thanks for the information. If after I purchase a new cable it still does not work I will reply again. Thanks for the help.

your welcome .good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users