Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Update Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mtownfootball44

mtownfootball44

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:08 PM

I have been having issues installing important windows updates on my computer for about a year now. When my computer turns off it attempts to install these updates, but most of the time when I turn my computer back on it goes to blue screen and takes me awhile to get the computer running again. Just today I was actually able to install 15 updates manually, including the installation of IE 9. There is one update though, "Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008 for x64-based Systems (KB2416447)" that will not install. When attempting to install this update I get "Error Code 643". I have had issues with my computer and I think this may be hurting it quite a bit because it has been an issue for quite some time. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:19 PM

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-windows_update/error-code-643-on-update-failure-microsoft/ffe65919-c3e3-4ee2-aca4-3cfdb89a441f

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users