Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Easy removal of Vista Anti-Spyware virus/malware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Moni-Q

Moni-Q

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:06 PM

Just by following the easy instructions on this link, I was able to regain access to my computer & internet! What started to be a very worrisome, annoying bad day turned out great! I'm a computer bozo so anyone can do this - free.

From my son's laptop, I went to: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-win-7-antispyware-2011 and downloaded the Rkill file on a memory stick. Re-inserted the memory stick on my computer, downloaded the registry script and presto, had access again.

I have Microsoft Security Essentials on my computer and did a scan - because I could! Found the bad files and deleted them. When I rebooted to make sure everything was gone... I got a pop up that said: Could not load or run C:/Users/xxx/xxx/Local/Temp/csrss.exe. No biggy, because I knew my registry was accessed, I ran the free Window Registry Repair(cnet)and again, after another reboot, presto! My computer is safe and malware free!

Thanks again

Edited by SweetTech, 14 May 2011 - 02:27 PM.
moved from Malware to Comments/Suggestions forum.--ST

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:10 PM

:woot: :clapping:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users