Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Unresponsive

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lava303

lava303

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:26 AM

I had just completed a ebay purchase so I closed out of firefox. A cpl of minutes later when I tried to reopen the browser there was no response. I thought it might be updating itself so I opened the task manager to see if the program was running however it wasn't. I then tried to open Chrome and after that similarly failed I moved on to Internet Explorer but the same thing happened. Thinking that it might be a spyware issue I tried to run my spyware application Malware Bytes but my attempts only produced error messages 'Vb Accelerator SGrid II control run time error '0' followed by run time error '440'. Curious I then tried all the other desktop items but couldn't get any of the programs to operate. I was able to run a K7 Antivirus scan but my scan detected no viruses or malware. I then attempted to use the Windows restore fuction to reset my computer back to the previous days settings. While the restoration was reported to be sucessful, my issues remain unchanged. The last thing I could think to do was run a memory test and the computer or hard drive passed all the tests. I am using my back up desktop now but would love any help in getting my main one up and running again.

I am running Windows XP Pro
Thanks

Edited by lava303, 14 May 2011 - 02:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users