Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Saamis

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 03 January 2006 - 06:41 PM

I have Windows XL but previously I had Win ME and at that time I created a number of files with Wordpad. which I moved over when I changed to XL. I now find that when I try to open any file previously created with Wordpad I receive the message,'Can not load Word for Windows 6.0 files'. How can I overcome this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:14 PM

First I want to welcome you to BC.
Download Open Office. It should allow you to read/write to those files.

Good luck.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Saamis

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:02 PM

Thanks for your advice but try as I might I cannot download OpenOffice.org 2.0. I click on the large green "Download" button then select English as the language. I then select the Windows OS followed by the download location Canada, Quebec and at this point I receive the following error message :-

No matches to your request were found.

Possible causes

Incorrect URL. Check spelling and try again.
Link does not exist. Use the browser's "back" button to return to the referring page. "

#4 Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,363 posts
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 10 January 2006 - 05:27 PM

Have you tried to download from another location? It is possible that at the moment you were attempting to download that site may have been unavailable. Did you try to download again, at a later time?

Be (Canadian site) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users