Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Admin Rights To Copy File

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 amitsahgal

amitsahgal

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:09 AM

Hi Team,

I am trying to move a *.dll file from one location to another. It keeps on asking me for admin rights. Not sure what to do. I am using windows 7.

Can you guys help me please.

Thank You
Amit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:46 AM

What is the filename, where is it at currently, and where are you trying to move it? Also why are you needed to move it?

#3 amitsahgal

amitsahgal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:01 AM

Its a crack file that i downloaded over the internet and this is where i need to paste it:
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:34 AM

Hi, sorry but you are in violation of forum rules. A link to the forum rules is contained in my signature, if you would like to read the current existing rules that all members abide by.

"No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences."