Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Aspire AO532h keyboard

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skeeterbyte

skeeterbyte

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:12 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to help a friend with their Acer Aspire One AO532h netbook running Windows 7 Starter. Suddenly the keyboard isn't operating correctly. The keyboard is basically unusable in any application. For instance, if she's on Facebook chat, typing any key instantly closes the chat window and disables her chat. This happens regardless of the browser used. Even trying to type in Notepad doesn't work, i.e. nothing types or keys pressed aren't what's displayed and trying to save a text document won't work just to list a few of the problems. I checked all the keyboard layout settings, the sticky keys and hot keys and all other settings that would apply to the keyboard. All were set correctly. I checked for updated drivers. The drivers installed were the correct and most updated one. I uninstalled the drivers and removed the keyboard entirely hoping that once recognized and reinstalled on startup it would correct itself which didn't happen. Using a USB external keyboard works fine which leads me to believe it's definitely a hardware issue and not some software glitch. Hopefully there is something that can correct this problem without having to replace the keyboard itself.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions and/or help.
Skeeterbyte

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:32 PM

Definitely a keyboard problem since a USB keyboard works fine.
You might try blowing it out with compressed air (with the system off)

Does it appear that anything has been spilled on it?
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 skeeterbyte

skeeterbyte
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:38 PM

No, nothing spilled on it. She keeps it blown out regularly and we've tried that again as well. This just started suddenly with seemingly nothing unusual happening or possibly causing it externally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users