Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Annoying and persistent virus that redirects and opens up random webpages.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Candlemass91

Candlemass91

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:05 PM

Okay, I've had this problem for weeks. Every now and then, some shady webpage randomly pops up on my web browser. A lot of times, when I click on a result of a Google search, it redirects me (but not always) to a different website. I've tried Microsoft Security Essentials, Avast, SpyBot, Malwarebytes, they either detect nothing or the damn virus is still there after being apparently detected and removed! Not to mention that I've been randomly attacked with viruses a few times while I was browsing YouTube or a website I can trust or while doing nothing! I try my best to avoid any suspicious websites, but it seems like these damn cyber-criminals have ME targeted for some reason. I get these scam emails almost every day, which automatically gets directed to my junk folder.

I'm scared that these bastards will eventually steal my financial information if they haven't already! I want this madness to stop!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 coles1mom

coles1mom

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:33 PM

Hi Candlemass91,

Try this http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-tdss-tdl3-alureon-rootkit-using-tdsskiller then follow up with malwarebytes.

:)

#3 Candlemass91

Candlemass91
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:38 AM

Thank you for your help!

I did a scan with the TDSSKiller, it found something and got rid of it. After a reboot, I followed up with a full scan from Malwarebytes, it found nothing. I haven't had this problem since.

#4 coles1mom

coles1mom

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:15 PM

Hi Candlemass91,

You're welcome. Now to check for any leftovers you should run ESET free online scanner http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users