Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Media Centre not picking up files?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 computergeek522

computergeek522

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:03 AM

I have a RetailPlus HDMI Media Player that I use to view movies and TV shows downloaded onto my laptop. Originally, I had a 500 GB external hard drive that I kept all my files on and connected that to the HDMI player. Worked like a dream.

Recently, though, I removed a 1 TB hard drive from my old desktop and put it into an enclosure that I purchased. I already had a lot of files on that. But when I hooked that drive up to my HDMI media player, although it shows the root directories (for example, The Simpsons Season 1, Season 2, etc), when I select a season, the episode files within the season folder aren't showing up.

I connected my external HD to my laptop just to make sure the files are actually there, and they are...they play perfectly well on my laptop. They just aren't showing up at all through the HDMI media player. I'm completely stumped and have no idea what to do.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Snoofie : Computer Geek Wannabe

Dell Inspiron 5537
Intel Core i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60 GHz
8.00 GB RAM
Windows 10, 64-bit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users