Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Network Dead Zone

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dhart131

dhart131

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:25 AM

Our local library has a dead zone in its wireless network because of books, shelves and floursent lighting. I want to mount a repeater with direct line of site to the router to fix the problem. It is not a range issue because the signal is available twice as far in other directions. Tried moving the router, but all that did was change the location of the dead zone. Thought about mounting it up high above the book shelves. I wasn't sure it would work and would require a new network drop to be installed. Library director didn't want to install drop and still have same problems. The libray has a D-Link DIR-655 wireless N router. D-Link says they do not have a repeater for this model. Which repeaters from another manufacturer would be a good match?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dhart131

dhart131
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:08 PM

Thank you, I think that I have found my answer. ConnectGear has a wireless N access point and repeater with Universal repeater function, Model - WA660N.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users