Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kaspersky full and trial version

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 The Philosopher

The Philosopher

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:24 AM

I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2011, trial version, and it is working good for now, so I am planning to purchase full version. I will wait till trial version expires so I can use it one month more :). So I wanted to ask is there any difference between trial and full version, and if there is, I will purchase full version immediately.

With Regards,

George

Edited by The Philosopher, 13 May 2011 - 05:25 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:10 AM

For a free trial version, enter your email address and we'll send you a download that will expire 30 days after you install it. When you're ready to purchase a full license, just click the Buy Now link in the product and purchase a license in our online Store.

Free 30-Day Trial Kaspersky Internet Security 2011

From their description it appears there is no difference. When buying they will most likely will send you a key which removes the expiration and allows continued use.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:57 PM

You can also buy Kaspersky Antivirus from nearby store (not online store), you would get a box with CD and manual. Benefit of this is that the license would only start after you install it for the first time and update. So you can buy it now and install next month. But do not keep it for too long.

#4 Booh-kitty

Booh-kitty

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:59 PM

Until last month, I had Kasperski Internet Security. There is no difference between the trial version and one with a license. I liked Kasperski because it provided a lot more information about what is going on with just about everything on my computer.

A friend of mine told me that Kapserski is supposed to slow down the system. Right now, I'm using a trial version of Trend Micro. I'm not sure I like it. My system doesn't seem to be that much faster. Trend Micro doesn't offer as many options as Kasperski does. It has also, to date not found a single threat. Kasperski found things just about everyday.

The only thing I didn't like about Kasperski is the price to keep the full protection. Last year I got a good deal because I'd never used it before. I think I'll look around for special offers.

As far as having an installation disk, I never had one. I did have to re-install Kasperski a few times, but not having a disk was not a problem. All I did was down load the trial version again and enter my license key again. One thing I also did was to down load the software to a disk so that I could install it right away with out having to down load everything again.

Unless you can find a better price by buying a disk somewhere, I wouldn't bother. When Kasperksi 2011 came out, I automatically got the newer version at no cost, and as I said, re-installing it is no problem with out a disk.
Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right.
-Henry Ford

#5 The Philosopher

The Philosopher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:13 AM

Thanks for your replies, much apperciated...I reinstalled my system yesterday so I now have 30 day licence :)
When it expires, I will purchase full version :)

With regards,

Joshua

#6 mremski

mremski

• Members
  • 493 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:30 AM

I've been using KIS for a while now (since version 2009 or earlier). So far, so good. The interface has gotten better over time. The KIS guys seem to take the OpenBSD approach of "default disable". From a Security standpoint this is a good thing. Out of the box KIS seems to be a bit more aggressive than other products I've used, but you can go tweak a lot of the settings. When it's doing an update or a scan, it can take up more CPU and make things feel slower. The solution is pretty simple: go in and tweak the settings. If the computer is on a broadband connection and up all the time, set updates for say 3:33 AM (if you are usually asleep), tweak the scans for when the computer is normally idle. You can also tweak it to pause if the computer is being used and let it resume later.

The full version: purchase a longer term license (2 or 3 years instead of 1). You get a little bit of a price break but you also get the advantage of free upgrade to newer versions. You can also get an official CD shipped to you that will have info on it about keys and such.

The spam stuff works pretty good, it has a plugin for Thunderbird and outlook (for TBird >= 3.0 you need newer KIS of 2011), when retrieving email from the servers it gets checked inband.

So for me, it's worked pretty well, but I still go and run things like MalwareBytes and other scanners, just in case. Anal? Overkill? Perhaps, but they're my computers.

FreeBSD since 3.3, only time I touch Windows is to fix my wife's computer

#7 Booh-kitty

Booh-kitty

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:20 AM

You can also buy Kaspersky Antivirus

If you're on the internet a lot, it is recommended that you get Kasperki Internet Security rather than Anitvirus.
Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right.
-Henry Ford

#8 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:39 AM

Yes Booh-Kitty is absolutely right, Kaspersky Internet Security is for Internet users :)

Just to make clear : Why I suggested buying from the offline store is that license starts on first install, so you can buy now and install one month later. I do not think same is true for online purchase.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users