Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NotePad2 giving me an Issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 IdahoBiker

IdahoBiker

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:38 AM

Windows XP Home Ed.//SP3
I installed the Notepad2.exe from Here in Tutorials, it works Fine, with one small quirk: When I click-on "Save As", enter the New File Name, I have to add the ".txt" as an extension in the File Name or it can't be read.
The Selection Box under File Name just indicates "All Files (**)", and not giving me the choice for a .txt extension. HOW do I correct this??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

Hi -

Was there any particular reason for replaclng your original notepad program ? ?
I use (and have used) the normal notepad for years without any problems and without storage problems.
These tutorials are often designed for people with problems with normal installed programs.

Thank You

#3 IdahoBiker

IdahoBiker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:00 PM

Well I preferred the additional features of Notepad2, over the embedded version, much better FunctionalityPosted Image

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:43 PM

Use Notepad2 myself.

What you are seeing is a common behavior.
If you set your PC to show extensions of known file types then the drop down menu should show the extension options. Or just add .txt manually when entering the name of the file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users