Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop appears to freeze on screen but runs on external monitor

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Simon Clarke

Simon Clarke

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:35 AM

Laptop screen was dimmer than usual, got to log in screen and it froze part way through password input. Nothing worked, not even holding power button down, though that could be a different problem. So I connect external monitor and check memory, hard disk, viruses etc. All fine.

Loading windows also fine with external monitor, but same problem with screen. Most fascinating is that when I set it to display on both internal and external monitor the internal appears frozen, with part completed password and external monitor shows me a fully working laptop. How is this possible? How can a monitor store an image that is no longer being sent. And which bits should I change first?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users