Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Victim of Bank Fraud

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yauryv

yauryv

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:57 PM

I'm here this awesome site for the second time only because i believe my computer has been compromised. I use my laptop at home to do alot of bill payments and of course facebook and weird downloads of games that happen to be given by "charity" to play on my free time when i'm not stuck on my computer at work for 12 hours. I started noticing a few days ago that my homepage was no longer Yahoo! but that it was Bing!...ang god only knows how much i hate for my homepage to be changed to anything other than Yahoo! so, since i didn't have enough time to bother i left it as is and went on with my business and my games and my glass of wine. then, all of a sudden i started noticing a few charges to a to-go phone for T-mobile and one for AT&T (two companies that i can't get any reception here where i live or where i work) so it seemed very suspicious...i called my bank and sure 'nough, i'm a victim!!! now, like i said in the beginning, this is the second time i've been here. That's because my work computer had gotten attacked by a virus, but since we are sooo poor, i had to do some of my old Air Force computer aid...(who knew i remembered how to fix anything) and i came up on this site where i had ran into a script of someone else's computer and i could see where the trojan had inbedded itself on the strangers computer....but strange enough i couldn't find the one on my job's computer...FUNNY!!! eventually i got the tools that this web offered and it was all great and it fixed it JUST LIKE THAT! Dude, you are awesome by the way!!!!! So, now here I am, looking to see if i can get the same miracle for a more modern and uptodate computer. ( I hope this intro is good enough...LOL!)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:04 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users