Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Sounds Come Over My Speakers

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Supersox

Supersox

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:37 PM

To whomever looks in to this, I thank you!

Here's the problem: I keep having random sounds come over my speakers ONLY when connected to my wireless. The time intervals between the sounds also seem to be random. When using the wired connection from the same router, I never hear these random sounds. I have not been able to test other wireless routers to see if it's just mine, or just when I'm connected to a wireless network. I've had the problem for a few months. I've run avast! and ad-aware and they found nothing. Visually, nothing looks different, I don't see any windows or programs pop up. I have not been looking at the task manager when this has happened, so I don't know if anything shows up there.

To me the clips sound like ads you might see on bigger websites.

I am using Windows XP Media Center Edition (which I believe is basically the same as Professional, except that it has windows media center, but I'm not sure)

My router is a D-link wireless 108G Gaming Router.

This is all the information I can think of, if there's anything else you need me to do to get information, let me know. Thank you very much!

~Supersox

Edited by hamluis, 13 May 2011 - 07:20 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users