Search your hard drive for these files (if using FAT32 for a file system, you can use a Win98 boot disk - if using NTFS for a file system you'll have to use an NTFS reader such as the one from http://www.sysinternals.com):
* Setupact.log - This log file contains all the actions performed during setup in chronological order. It is stored in the %systemroot% folder.
* Setuperr.log - This log file lists any errors that occurred during setup along with the severity of the error. It is stored in the %systemroot% folder.
* Comsetup.log - This log file provides information about the installation of Optional Component Manager and COM+ components. It is stored in the %systemroot% folder.
* Setupapi.log - This log file provides information about .inf files. It is stored in the %systemroot% folder.
* Netsetup.log - This log file lists the actions perform while joining the computer to a workgroup or domain. It is stored in the %systemroot%\debug folder.
* Setup.log - The information contained within this log file is used by the Recovery Console. It is stored in the %systemroot%\repair.
Let us know what they say and we can start with troubleshooting them.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able. - John
(my website: http://www.carrona.org/
)**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack
. ** If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.
<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.