Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows.old folder won't delete

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:44 PM

I have been all over Google looking for an answer to a problem I'm having. I upgraded from Windows Vista Ultimate to Windows 7 Home Premium with a clean install.

All went well and I feel my computer is working better now than it ever did. I did add a new asus mother board, a quad core processor 3.27, doubled the Ram, and put in a blue ray burner.

After the upgrade was completed I waited for almost a week to make sure all was working well and then set out to delete the windows. old file. I did as was suggested and did it through disk cleanup. All looked like it was cleaned until I went into my C drive and see that the Windows.old folder is still there. I can't delete it. I shows that it does the files do not exist on C: windows.old but the file is still there. There are three folder but nothing in any of the folders. How can I delete the foler windows.old. I've tried everything suggested but can't seem to find a way. I even went into the registry but can't find anything.

Thanks in advance. This is so frustrting. I can't understand why I can't delete a folder.

I appreciate any and all assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,583 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:15 PM

Just open Windows Explorer and try to delete the folder from there.

#3 diggi

diggi

• Members
  • 335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:31 AM

Delete using disk cleanup,oops old thread

Edited by diggi, 26 September 2011 - 11:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users