Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any Software Out There That Will Let You Do This?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 therealwesker

therealwesker

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 03 January 2006 - 02:38 PM

Is there any software that will let you take a image off a website that has sound? On the Silent Hill movie website i want to take the image of the the sign that says welcome to silent hill and it has snow that keeps falling and it has a nice sound thats playing as the snow falls. Can i do anything to make that my screen saver?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 03 January 2006 - 03:03 PM

I did this using the print scrn key on my keyboard.

Then opened the paint program in winXP.
Chose "edit" then "paste".
Then "file" and "save as" what I called "silent hill" into the default "my pictures" ... used the file type drop down to change it from .bmp to .jpg.

Then went to image shack from a google search for the same,
default on openingweb page was "upload".
Chose browse, and opened the file (in this case: C:\Documents and settings/user name/my pictures/silent hill.jpg

Hit "host it" and wait a bit, then copied the "direct link" to here and posted it by choosing "paste"

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6938/silenthill3hz.jpg

No sound, needs image editing to crop and get rid if the type.

OK...

so I'm operating on two premises:

1. screensavers are not designed to be flash files with audio and video ... (the snow falling)
2. as a screensaver on a private PC, sony doesn't care what you do with an image they post online.

Once you have an image on your hard drive, though, you can make it a screen saver.
Image editing just gives you more control, and paint application allows for image editing, but it is somewhat cumbersome to learn.
It's just quick and easy to capture any image online.

If you want a good free image editing application try this:

http://www.irfanview.com/

For all I know, a screensaver might be possible with the bells & whistles ... I never use 'em though.

Good question ... :thumbsup:

Edited by phawgg, 03 January 2006 - 03:07 PM.

patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 therealwesker

therealwesker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2006 - 03:09 PM

thanks for the help but enter the site watch the intro and get the sign with the snow falling thats the pic i want

#4 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 03 January 2006 - 03:14 PM

understood ... more tips may be forthcoming ...
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#5 therealwesker

therealwesker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2006 - 03:16 PM

but hey thanks for the help you gave me! Glad i got a answer back so fast

#6 therealwesker

therealwesker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2006 - 03:36 PM

when i try to save the image with the snow falling and the sound when i right click all it gives me is something about Macromedia 8 isnt there a way to save over things that only say Macromedia 8

my bad about the double post i thought i had clicked edit

Edited by therealwesker, 03 January 2006 - 03:37 PM.

#7 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2006 - 06:17 PM

Saving a Flash File:

http://fracturedfairytales.org/modules.php...=viewtopic&t=26

Go to internet options, temporary internet files, settings, view files and copy them from there.
When viewing temporary internet files and you right click on a file and select "copy", it won't work. If, however, you left click and highlight the file, "copy this item" will appear under folder tasks on the sidebar to the left. Select "copy this item" and it should bring up a dialogue box asking where to put it.

Now whether or not the saved flash file can then be applied as a screensaver, I'm not sure.

:thumbsup: Thanks to Exspider (BC nick) aka. TwistedStickster @ Fractured Fairy Tales

Edited by Scarlett, 03 January 2006 - 06:19 PM.

Posted Image

#8 therealwesker

therealwesker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:34 PM

where would it be at? I got in my files but i cant seem to find it. Where else would it be?

#9 therealwesker

therealwesker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:12 AM

Hey guys does anyone know of a flash file program that lets you edit the flash files you saved?

#10 therealwesker

therealwesker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2006 - 02:08 PM

Can anyone PM or tell me where i can find software that isnt a demo and let me turn SWF files to FLA files?

#11 bgardner

bgardner

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2006 - 03:02 PM

Are you looking to convery SWF Files to Fla for means of editing them?? Because im not so sure that swf files contain all the necessary info to make it an editable fla

#12 therealwesker

therealwesker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2006 - 03:30 PM

yeah turning the Flash SWF to FLA to edit. Im trying to make a screensaver of a flash site silent hill the movie and all i want from it to make a screensaver is the part where you watch the whole intro and it gets to the last part where the menu is and its the sign that says welcome to silent hill and it has snow falling and the sound on the speakers is the snow falling. I want to just have that as my screensaver but i been looking for 6 hours now and any program i used was a demo and wont let me do that cut to just that part of the sign and the snow and im really getting pissed. I have a program that will let me make my screensaver i already made a flash one of the texans and i just want to make this silent hill one. So if anyone can just give me a little help PM anything let me know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users