Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerCombofix is not a toy. If used the wrong way you could trash your computer. Please use only under direction of a Helper. If you decide to do so anyway, please do not blame me or ComboFix.
Combofix is not a cleaner it a is a very powerful tool
If you are experiencing Redirects or popups. Then please do the following so we may assist you in getting rid of the Malware.
Please take note:
- If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know.
- If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
- If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.
- Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.
- If you are unable to perform the steps we have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and we will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information.
- If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.
- Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.
- If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.
- Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again:
- Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
- A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
- Notepad will open with the results.
- Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
- Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control HERE
We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner
. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step.
Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:
Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice
Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:
How to create a GMER logNote:
If you are unable to run a Gmer scan due the fact you are running a64bi
t machine please run the following tool and post its log.
Please download MBRCheck
to your desktop.
1. Double click MBRCheck.exe
to run it (Right click and run as Administrator for Vista).
2. It will open a black window, please do not fix anything (if it gives you an option).
3. Exit that window and it will produce a log (MBRCheck_date_time).
4. Please post that log when you reply.
Thanks and again sorry for the delay.