Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen of Death -- BSOD.txt results included

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tigers85

Tigers85

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

I am running Windows XP on a Panasonic Toughbook CF-18. Every time I try to start the computer, I receive the logon screen, type in my password, windows begins to load, and then BOOM -- the blue screen of death. I ran blue_screen_view.exe in safe mode, and here are the results:

EDIT: Removed list of data which was not useful, see later .txt attachment for pertinent info ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 12 May 2011 - 02:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:31 PM

None of those errors...occurred in 2011...or your system clock is very wrong.

Louis

Previously posted list removed, nothing but list of drivers with install dates.

Edited by hamluis, 12 May 2011 - 02:44 PM.

#3 Tigers85

Tigers85
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:48 PM

I may have posted the wrong info from blue_screen_view. I will attach the txt files: BSOD is the upper pane, and BSOD1 is the lower pane.

Attached Files

• Attached File  BSOD.txt   48.87KB   6 downloads

Edited by hamluis, 12 May 2011 - 02:46 PM.
Deleted attached list of drivers installed.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:15 PM

Thanks, much more useful data :).

You have a variety of errors, which I always consider a bad thing...including one for ntfs.sys, which can indicate varied problems.

You also have a non-desktop, which (IMO) always makes things a bit harder.

First glance...I would suggest uninstalling your Symantec application and replacing it with something like Avast or Avira Free. I suggest that you use the Symantec tool for uninstalling applications. The fact that you can only boot into safe mode...may make this idea unfeasible. If so, then just move to next idea.

Norton Removal Tool - http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039?Open&docid=2006032009205413&nsf=sharedtech.nsf&view=docid&pid=2006032009205413&pkb=sharedtech

Then...I suggest that you run a chkdsk /r on your Windows partition. Start/Run...type chkdsk /r and hit Enter. Type Y in new screen and hit Enter. Reboot the system, the command will execute before booting into XP. If there are any onscreen error messages during the chkdsk and such indicate that chkdsk cannot complete or that the hard drive/file system has problems...please post same. Do not worry about the summary message at the end of the chkdsk /r command, it's not useful for what I want to see.

Do you have the recovery disks for said system?

Louis

#5 Tigers85

Tigers85
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:11 PM

I tried to uninstall the Symantec, but was not allowed in Safe mode. I started the chkdsk, but the system froze during the chkdsk. Now, I cannot boot the system at all. I have tried regular mode and Safe mode, and it freezes every time before the system loads. I tried to boot from a boot cd, but got a system error.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:14 PM

Well...that system will not be recognized as having recent components...it's a laptop...it could be any number of things, for a tablet PC that's about 6 years old.

To be honest, I would take it in or send it in for service, depending on whether I wanted to move forward to a newer, more efficient system...or wanted to continue using it. I'm no technician, so I don't think of doing much with laptops, other than a clean install...if it appears that the basic problems extend beyond the scope of a clean install, I tend to let someone more knowledgeable look at it.

<<I tried to boot from a boot cd, but got a system error>>

What was the wording, please?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users