Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer will not load online pdf file

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Johnny 5 Alive

Johnny 5 Alive

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:02 PM

Recently IE 8 stopped opening pdf files. Several sites I use for work and other sites that have pdf files on them will not open the file. I am using Adobe Reader X. Sometimes I am able to right click on the file name and save as, then save it to my desktop, other times I click on a link to format a pdf version of the page I am looking at and all I get is a blank screen, IE acts as though it is loading or has loaded the image, but it has not.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Johnny 5 Alive

Johnny 5 Alive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:51 PM

No Problem, used AgentRansack to locate iexplore.exe found an older version, changed the short cuts on the quick bar, opened ie, then went to windows update picked ie8 from update list. Now everything is find IE opens, and it opens pdf files so I can print.

Edited by Johnny 5 Alive, 17 May 2011 - 05:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users