Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ActiveX Scripting Problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 zakwiz

zakwiz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:43 AM

Hi, I'm running Windows XP Home Edition SP3 on a Dell Dimension DIM4600, with Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz and 512MB RAM.

I suddenly noticed that anything on my computer that uses scripting (such as the Windows Update website, User Accounts menu, and frustratingly the System Restore program) won't load properly, and will just give me a white screen and say Done at the bottom. It seems that ActiveX itself is working (on test sites, it will ask me whether to run whatever script it is), but when I accept, it will just show an empty white box again. I used avast!, Spybot and Ad-Aware, all of them detecting diferent problems and removing them all, but this hasn't fixed my problem. Attached is my hijackthis log, I didn't notice anything unusual in it so I really need some help, thanks!

Attached Files

Edited by Andrew, 12 May 2011 - 12:14 PM.
Mod Edit: Moved From XP To MRL - AA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zakwiz

zakwiz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:06 PM

Never mind, I reinstalled Windows, thanks anyway.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:18 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users