Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Battery led keeps blinking after replacing battery

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Joe

Dr. Joe

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:25 AM

So I have a dell inspiron 1720 laptop and recently the battery indicator light turned amber and the computer kept telling me to get a new battery. So I broke down and got a new battery. The battery works fine but the battery led keeps flashing blue every 10 seconds or so. I let the battery run down to 9%ish until the computer shut itself down. Then I plugged it in and let it recharge. I thought this would solve the problem but it didn't. Its not a big deal but its getting kind of annoying and I want to fix it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:02 PM

Do you know if the power adapter is working properly, meaning putting out the proper DC voltage?

Edit to correct my dyslexic mistake.

Edited by dc3, 12 May 2011 - 10:49 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Dr. Joe

Dr. Joe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:47 PM

The power adapter is fine

Do you know if the power adapter is working properly, meaning putting out the proper CD voltage?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:50 PM

How did you determine that the adapter is working properly, did you use a meter to read the DC voltage?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Dr. Joe

Dr. Joe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:47 PM

Ive been using this adapter for about 5 years now and i even bought a replacement and it does the same thing. Since im getting the same result on both adapters im assuming its something else. The battery says its at 100% charge so i dont know what to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users