Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus has eaten everything, key are dead, and I'm in a never ending loop.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 haven't a clue

haven't a clue

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:23 AM

A virus has eaten my laptop software up, some of the keys arn't working or the usb.
And now after defragging it yeaterday. I turn it on and it went to a page that say window did not start up successful, with a list of start options.
but as the up/down keys don't work it'll just try to open normally. But then goes back to that first page on a never ending loop.
Is there anything i can do?

Thanking you in advance
A very desperate girl.

Edited by hamluis, 17 May 2011 - 09:55 AM.
Merged posts.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,382 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:41 PM

You can tell us what version of Windows is installed...and whether you can boot into safe mode :).

With such a dramatic title...what makes you assert that malware is the problem? Partition or hard drive problems will create files which are inaccessible or not properly reflected.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 12 May 2011 - 01:43 PM.

#3 haven't a clue

haven't a clue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:21 AM

Have an older model shrap laptop and a virus is killing it, it seems to have eaten the keyboard.
Everyday i lose a new key. And now its killed my usb ports! Everything I had is stored on an external hard drive so the computer has nothing that matters on it. Tried unstalling the port,(like it told me to do in troubleshooting) then going to scan for new hardware but it says that ' the software it needs isn't there' (It say the same thing when I put in a Usb)
Went to device manager and it says everything is ok. I'm useless with these things.
What do I need to do/download to make things better?

Thank you anyone out there in computer land who can help me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users