Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2007 - Not Enough Memory

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hal06

Hal06

• Members
  • 927 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:41 AM

Yesterday morning all worked well. I shut down and went to work.

I came home and booted up. I received a message from Outlook saying that it could not process because there was not enough memory.

I started task manager. It should a program running called MXTask2.exe using a lot of memory. I could not end it so I did some googling and found that it was connected with some sort of fix it program.

I noticed that most but not all of my files on the desktop had pictures of a king as in a deck of cards.

I ran Norton's scan and restarted.

I recently installed Earthlink's fix it program. I uninstalled it. The MXTask2.exe is no longer running.

I rebooted a few times. Outlook is still saying it does not have enough memory to work. But also, I check my email on the web and nothing is there. Could Outlook have downloaded and the email is not showing up in the inbox?

I'm very frustrated. Any help would be appreciated.

Note that I first thought I had a virus and so started this thread:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic396846.html

Now I think it may be an Outlook problem so I posted here.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hal06

Hal06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 927 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:53 AM

I'm sorry but this keeps getting stranger and stranger. I retrieved messages last night on my iphone. They no longer appear in my ownline Earthlink account. I forwarded them to my home email and they appeared in Outlook.

Is the problem solved or is something really stranger going on?

#3 Hal06

Hal06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 927 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:47 PM

Once again not enough memory and it's the only program running. Help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users