Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Cable Unpluged Crash Error

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 mono565

mono565

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:16 PM

I need help my computer sometimes freezes and says with a pop up network cable unplugged, any solutions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:21 PM

Have you tried uninstalling the current drivers for the network device...and then reinstalling?

Let's try this.

Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html.

Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.

When scanning is done, select Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items.

Save the report as BSOD.txt.

Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content and paste it into your next reply.

Louis

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:26 PM

You arent giving us much to go on.
When does it freeze?
Whats the make/model of the system?

A little more detail would really be helpful!
In the beginning there was the command line.

#4 mono565

mono565
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:27 PM

Its a windows xp and it disconnects random times.

#5 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:40 PM

Hello, mono565 has sent me several personal message regarding this thread.

For those who have already posted to this thread and for those reading this thread, I am providing a link to another topic which was started by mono565 regarding having video issues with a computer game.
This topic can be found by clicking this link. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic396181.html/page__p__2238960#entry2238960

With that being said, lets move on to a possible solution.

Mono565, can you please give a detailed description as to how your system is making a connection to the Internet?

Is there an external modem involved?

Are you using a router?

Are you using a Cat 5 Ethernet cable? Meaning your network connection is through a wire.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 45 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#6 mono565

mono565
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:24 PM

Its usind a router and sorry for many pms

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,379 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:39 PM

FWIW: PMs...are not intended to be used to conduct inquiries that are really forum issues. The advice/suggestions/ideas of the many...are superior to those from one person...that's the basic forum principle and I believe that no member is interested in becoming a "private guru" for individual member forum issues.

We want to help...but we want to use the right venue for doing so...because that's best for any problematical situation.

Louis

#8 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:01 AM

sorry for many pms

I don't mind your sending me a PM to get me back to your topic, busy schedules and real life outside of BC forums can cause some of us to forget we were helping someone in a topic here.

You simply PMed me with a link to your thread as a reminder, no harm done in doing so, because my signature clearly states you can do so.

The only thing I will not do regarding PMs is offer private advice in them, which is what you DID NOT ask for, so there no need to say sorry to anyone here as far as I am concerned.

You did the right thing. :thumbup2:

Bruce.

EDIT: Changed the wording arrangement a little bit so it made better sense :whistle:

Edited by MrBruce1959, 16 May 2011 - 03:08 AM.

My Career Involves 45 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,379 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:24 AM

Clarification appreciated, Bruce :).

Louis

#10 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:02 PM

Mono I am sorry we got a little off track with your situation here.

I also want to thank you for your quick reply with my answers.

You are using a router, are you currently connecting via a wireless connection or are using an Ethernet cable?

I need to know this information because it makes a difference on what remedies I will be offering you.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.

#11 mono565

mono565
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:37 PM

Ethernet cable one plugged from modem to router then router to pc and im new to these type of communities

Edited by mono565, 16 May 2011 - 11:38 PM.

#12 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:48 AM

Thanks for your reply, I am going to borrow your Speccy screen shot link and post it here in this thread, this way everyone reading this thread will know the specs and current configuration of this computer system were are currently working with.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/mCXlRx2YnLCHRveHCHNWiaU

Can you please tell me the make and model number of your router?

In the meantime I am going to re-check your speccy report and see what hardware and drivers you are currently using for your Ethernet adapter.

Bruce.

#13 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:29 AM

Below is a few lines from Speccy related to your Ethernet adapter.

You are connected to the internetConnected through: Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC- Packet Scheduler MiniportAdapter Type: EthernetNetBIOS over TCP/IP: Enabled via DHCPNETBIOS Node Type: Broadcast nodeLink Speed: 0 kbps

I am going to be offering you a link to the realtek web site, it is here you will be downloading your current driver.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=6&PFid=6&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Look for this in the downloads list WinXP and WinServer 2003 Driver

Click US link, it is in the third box under downloads.

Download this driver PCI_Driver_XP_5719_10202010.zip

Please download the driver and save it to your desktop so it is easier to locate it because we are going to be needing it shortly. :thumbup2:

When it is unzipped, you should see a folder called PCI_Driver_XP_5719_10202010 inside of it should a folder called WinXP

I strongly suggest you un-install the current driver you have through device manager first, your NIC will lose its connection to the Internet at this point, this is to be expected.

You have to choose update driver in device manager, try to point it towards the folder on your desktop and a file called Netrtlx.inf

It will add that information to the information data base and your driver should now install.

Here is some technical information from realtek:

;;****************************************************************************
;; Windows XP
;;****************************************************************************
;;RTL8139(XP)
[RTL8139x.ndi.NT]
DelReg = PreParams.DelReg
AddReg = RTL8023xp.reg, NetworkAddress.reg, Speed10_100.reg, OptimalPerf.reg,WOLCapability.reg, LinkUp.reg
AddReg = LinkDownPwSav.reg, S5Wol.reg, RxBuf.reg, ApmWol.reg, ForceMode.reg
AddReg = RtNicProp32.reg
Characteristics = 0x84
BusType = 5
CopyFiles = Rtlnic.CopyFilesXP, RTNicProp.CopyListXP

[RTL8139x.ndi.NT.Services]
AddService = RTL8023xp, 2, rtsntxp.Service, common.EventLog

Please let me know if this installed okay.

If for any reason it fails, roll back your driver in device manager.

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 17 May 2011 - 01:36 AM.

#14 mono565

mono565
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:59 PM

Is it possible you know with speccy screenshot what my internet conection is , Modem-56k DSL>256k , DSL>768k , DSL/Cable>2M OR Cable/fiber>10M and problem hasnt happened any more

#15 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:37 PM

Mono the information listed below is from your Speccy screen shot, it simply tells us that you are using an Ethernet adapter to connect the computer to an external device.

Network
You are connected to the internetConnected through: Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler MiniportAdapter Type: EthernetNetBIOS over TCP/IP: Enabled via DHCPNETBIOS Node Type: Broadcast nodeLink Speed: 0 kbpsComputer Name
NetBIOS Name: YOUR-4F1261A8E5DNS Name: your-4f1261a8e5Domain Name: YOUR-4F1261A8E5Remote Desktop
Console
State: ActiveDomain: YOUR-4F1261A8E5WinInet Info
LAN ConnectionLocal system uses a local area network to connect to the InternetLocal system has RAS to connect to the InternetAdapters List
Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport
Network Shares
No network shares

You are not connecting via an internal modem, so Modem-56k would not even apply here, since an internal modem would basically be a dial up Internet connection to an ISP.
Ethernet adapters do not dial out, they need to be connected to an external modem which connects to the Internet Service Provider (ISP), such as DSL (Telephone wires) or cable TV modem via an Ethernet cable.

Speccy basically provides information about the internal components and configuration of your computer system, not what is external of it such as how the Network is setup.

If you wish to know more about your Network configuration, you will have to use other tools that are designed for obtaining this information, most are built right into your operating system.

Using the Windows command prompt you can type such commands such as IPCONFIG /ALL This built in tool, will display information on your network configuration in the command prompt window.

Finding out more information about your network can be done, by right clicking your network icon in the system tray, this will bring up options for viewing information on how your network is setup and may also contain tools for diagnosing network configuration problems and a list of settings that can be changed.

If your Internet is functioning okay, there should be no need to make any changes to the current settings.

Since you mentioned you have a router, there is some settings that you can check on to make sure your router's security is setup correctly, specially if your router has wireless capabilities and that feature has been turned on by default.

In some cases where a wireless type router has been installed by a cable TV company or telephone company, sometimes they enable the wireless broadcast by default, even if you are not currently using that type of connection.

If the router is something you yourself added to the network, this feature may not be turned on unless you turned it on yourself.

I am sure the modem is owned by your ISP, What I would like to ask you is, is the router your personal property, or was it issued by your ISP?

What is the make and model number of the router?

Is your service provided through Telephone wires or Cable TV wire?

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 22 May 2011 - 04:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users