Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Total Security Malware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AMM2

AMM2

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:58 PM

Running Windows XP

I keep getting fake security alerts, etc. and am unable to access bleeping computer to download malwarebytes. I was able to download Sysinternals Process Explorer and found rww.exe... killed it, but was still unable to access the anything else on the internet. I get a screen that says "Firefox alert. Visiting this site may pose a security threat to your system!" whether I use Firefox or Chrome.

Thank you for your time!

Edited by Budapest, 11 May 2011 - 08:16 PM.
Moved from XP ~Budapest

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AMM2

AMM2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:09 PM

Alright, I have no idea what I am doing, but this is what worked for me through trial and error. I opened Sysinternals Process Explorer and right clicked on one of the processes then chose "explore on internet" (may have been worded a little differently). This allowed me to get anywhere I needed to on the internet. After downloading Malwarebytes', I was not able to install it, even with multiple renaming attempts and using Sysinternals Process Explorer to kill rww.exe. What worked for me was right clicking the Malwarebytes install icon and choosing "run as.." and then unchecking "protect my computer and data from unauthorized program activity." This allowed Malwarbytes to install. Then I continued following the directions at How to remove Total Security (Uninstall Guide) by Grinler. Everything seems to be working fine now.

Bleeping Computer is bleeping awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users