Did you removed spyware ? or was it just a regular safe mode-visit ?
Are there any other options then windows classic under tab "appearance" ? (is "windows xp style" still present or is it gone ? )
if "windows xp style" is not present (or greyed out), you might want to try this:
* download and save this .zip file (right mouseclick > save target as.. > save it to the desktop) resources.zip
* after downloading, unzip the file (unzip to resources\)
(if you do not have unzip options, first install winrar trial
* after unzipping, open the folder "resources" > open the folder "themes" > and then the folder "luna"
* in the folder "luna", copy 'Luna.msstyles' and paste this in the folder C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Luna <---- in this folder 'luna'
* if asked, say "yes" oon the question if the existing file gets replaced
* then again right clicking on desktop > properties > appearance > themes : windows XP style should be there, choose it > OK
Hope it works, good luck !
Edited by *Desdinova*, 04 January 2006 - 12:34 AM.